Cape Kirby

Running commentary on life in Cape Town.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Who stole the f***ing sign?!

In light of yesterday's article I actually started wondering whether there were other delightful places with unfortunate names. An obvious first choice to look for is a four letter word and it's easily found as the village of Fucking in Austria!

While the village itself isn't much to look at the English tourists absolutely love the village's sign and it was frequently stolen! That is ... until they embedded it in concrete blocks to keep it from being pilfered!

This is an IDEAL little village to start up a t-shirt shop don't you think? In fact ... it's the only time I can think that lame old t-shirt with "My mom and dad went to X and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" will actually be semi-cool.

Now if the village itself has that rather unfortunate name ... then I wonder what you call the townspeople who live there ... ?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At July 27, 2008 at 5:38 AM , Blogger Sue said...

I would imagine the townsfolk would be called fuckers. I do wonder what words they use for cussing?

 
At July 27, 2008 at 5:39 AM , Blogger Sue said...

I must say your blog is really interesting and i will definately recommend it to other users!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home